Instructor : Mr. Abdelaziz M. Salah Eldin – Hudson Technology and Strategic Studies, Ottawa-Canada (view profile)
Upcoming Session : 2016
Identify the different strategies required to ensure that the integrity and reliability of pipelines is effectively managed throughout the entire life cycle from design through decommissioning.
Pipelines Integrity Management is nowadays one of the essential elements of operational excellence that many companies have embraced to maintain the competitive edge in their line of business. The Pipelines Integrity Management PIMS aims to contribute to the successful achievement of the companies’ vision and gives assurance to management and shareholders that the assets integrity is well maintained.
The goal of this course is to bridge the gap between the theoretical and practical knowledge of Pipelines Integrity Management methodology and processes.
The summary of the course objectives is:
- Maximize the economic value of the company by optimally design, maintain,operate and decommission pipelines to high and consistent standards using theAIM process.
- Comprehend the different strategies required to ensure that the integrity and reliability of pipelines are effectively managed throughout the entire life cycle from design (Pre- FEED) through decommissioning.
- Understand the 10 reasons why Pipeline Integrity Management Fails.
- Explains in details the basic Assets Integrity Management Modules (8 Modules) and how PIMS can assure pipelines long term availability.
- Recognize the different corrosion control options and explains how good corrosion mitigation can reduce the risk exposure and be used as an effective tool to address the life extension requirements of ageing facilities.
- Clarifies the organizational interfaces and roles and responsibilities of the relevant technical personnel engaged in the development and implementation of the PIMS.
- Drives effective utilization of the corporate accumulated wisdom and lesson learned.
- Explains the different inspection and monitoring techniques employed for pipelines and how good measurements may assist in the Risk assessment and control process.
- Provide process to measure corporate performance against identified Key Performance Indicators (KPI’s).
- Discuses major operator’s advancement in pipelines inspection, operation and decommissioning.
Who Should Attend
The target audience is staff engaged in the design, construction, commissioning and operation of the pipelines:
- Pipelines Maintenance / Inspection / Repair Engineers.
- Pipelines design, construction and operation Engineers
- Corrosion, Inspection and Integrity Engineers.
- Facility, Process and Unit Engineer