“Mastering Corrosion Control In Oil & Gas, Chemical and Petrochemical Industry”
Instructor: Abdelaziz M. Salah Eldin – Integrity Management Consultant Hudson Technology and Strategic Studies, Ottawa-Canada (view profiles)
Upcoming Session : 2016
Download Course Brochure
What is the programme about?
The pursuit of assets corrosion management should be an objective of any organization. The course contents fully explain the corrosion process, forms of corrosion, corrosion control within the framework and the common understanding of Asset Corrosion Management.
Successful corrosion management influences the economic outcome of the company by ensuring cost effective selection of materials, chemical treatments, coatings, cathodic protection systems and appropriate designs. The ultimate goal of this course is to equip participant with an integrated theoretical and practical knowledge of corrosion and corrosion control options
The summery of the course objectives is:
- Enable solid understanding of the corrosion process both internally and externally
- Address forms of corrosion and failure mechanisms.
- Explains the six corrosion control techniques
- Elaborate on inspection, monitoring, prediction and testing protocols to ensure full understanding of the corrosion damage mechanism and mitigation measures.
- Develop and improve the participant’s skills to develop their own corrosion control schemes and implementation plans.
- Introduce innovative control techniques with particular focus to problematic areas.
- Provide an insight to Downhole flow assurance problems and control techniques (Chemical, Mechanical, Process & Design)
- Discuss major operator’s advancement in corrosion management realities.
- Gives an expert views to Non-metallic materials application in the Oil and Gas industries.
Who Should Attend ?
The target audiences are those crafts, who during the course of doing their core business activities will be engaged in corrosion and chemical treatments related activities and non-metallic materials applications in pipelines, topside facilities and Downhole equipment.
- Corrosion, Production chemists, Metallurgists and Integrity engineers.
- Plant Maintenance, Process and Pipelines engineers.
- All Production, operation personnel who are engaged in the daily routine plant operation and have a defined business relation with the implementation of the Corrosion and Corrosion mitigation measures.
- Drilling, Petroleum technologist and Well Integrity engineers.
- Oil & Gas, Petrochemical and Chemicals services providers, specialty chemicals suppliers and their technical representatives,
- CAMS and junior engineers whose development plan is targeting any of the above posts.